Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Hello world!

Hello world!  This is the first post on my blog and hopefully the first of many (provided I remember to update this).  This blog will be primarily used to share a few repairs I make of small appliances and objects.  As such it is entirely an amateur effort, so if you are looking for in-depth step-by-step tutorials or impressive camera work then prepare for disappointment.  I only promise to do the best I can.
I should explain my philosophy towards repair, which focuses on two aspects.  First, which is to be environmentally friendly by saving some stuff from the garbage pile and second which is to save a little money by repairing old items vs buying new.  While many items could be repaired to working order, in many cases the cost of replacement parts means that it is not economically sensible to do so.  Keeping budget constraints in mind I really only do repairs where the cost of parts and materials vs. the cost of a new item makes sense.   For those items I cannot repair I generally keep them on hand for parts and such.
I should also explain my DIY repair skill level, which is strictly at an amateur level.  So you will not see any posts with super amazing electronics (I only wish my solder skills were that good).  Instead you will see just a few posts on low-level mechanical and electrical repairs.
Well I think that sums up most everything I wanted to get out of the way with the first blog post so I hope everyone enjoys my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment